Last week I said goodbye to my Italian brother for three months. Not only was it an experience of a life time for him, but also for myself and my family. These past three months we have travelled and become tourists within our own home town, Melbourne.
Each weekend was a different adventure for the four of us, whether it be sight seeing, trying different foods, or taking him along to typical Australian sporting activities.
Learning about their working lifestyle, food and cultural world was mind blowing to understand and I am so grateful that I was given the chance to host someone for 12 weeks and create a small insight to what life is like on the other side of the world.
Experiencing Australia was a very adventurous activity to do in my last year of school, however I do not regret it at all. Knowing that you have made a friend on the other side of the world is extremely exciting feeling, hopefully one day, you will see them again in their own country and get an understanding of what life is like for them on a normal basis.
Claire Louise xxx
No comments
Post a Comment