It begun with an entire school assembly which was run by myself along with the other six college captains. Then throughout the day was filled with information, lectures, reuniting with familiar faces and jumping up and down to the fact we were put with friends in certain classes. Something kicked in however, hours after school ended, this year is going to be a BIG year.
So whilst I begun my final year of school to a level of contentment, here I was working at my part time job after school, realising that there is one more year left of high school, that is it, I will not be returning to this school next year. All of the friends you have made, the lovely teachers who have helped you along the way and shaped us as people, they are all going to be a memory.
My advice that I cannot stress enough to everyone is just try your best this year.
- Try your best in your studies. Create a goal now that you wish to aim for and work your butt off until you get there. When you are head set, you are mind set.
- Try your best to make sure you are always smiling. There will be crash moments, many of them, but just keep smiling, as I was told today, the sun will always rise and the stars will always be there, no matter what happens.
- Try your best to make friendships with those who you never thought you would befriend. Who knows, they may be there for your when you have no one.
- Try your best to however also keep your friendship groups this year despite the frantic studying. They may frustrate you, and you may not be invited to all of their endeavours, but they are your friends and you respect that.
-Try your best to continue your regular hobbies, continue your sport games, and your dancing. Read that book that you have been saying, 'I'll get to that when I have time.'
-That leads me to finish off by saying, always make time. Nothing is ever too important to take a step back and breathe. In the end, the score or mark you receive at the end of high school does not define you as a person.
We can do this!
Claire Louise xxx
No comments
Post a Comment