Sunday, 1 March 2015

Palliative Care

Things are always much easier I feel to write than to say aloud.

They're easier to type whilst headphones are in your ears blasting songs with nonsense lyrics, than to look at someone in the eye and talk to them. So, like any other teenager, I'm going to write it to you all. 

A few days before I journeyed to camp, I was informed that someone close to my heart was admitted into hospital. She has always been in and out of the hospital with her cancer, it has been something almost familiar to our family.

Whilst I was away, I had a few texts from her, just the casual conversation. It was not until I arrived home and declined the trip to the city to go and visit her, that I was informed just how sick she was this time around.

Words were being thrown around like, terminal, Palliative Care and pain. I feel it is safe to say, these last few weeks have been difficult on my family. The peacemaker of the family, the one who is always there to bring each and everyone of us together is in Palliative Care, and will not be returning home.  

The cancer has spread. 

I am a crier. You start crying, i'll hold your hand and cry with you, not matter what it's about.

I cry when I have too much homework, I cry when I can't do something I put effort into. You name it, I will/probably have already cried about it.

However this is something different.

Hmm let's say I am on the Titanic, I began this year in Southampton, aiming for Graduation which is New York. We were told weeks ago, that their will be bumps along the way interrupting you from the right path during your senior year. The iceberg for me hit a few weeks ago, and already is sinking, faster than I could have ever imagined it to. 

Holding your head up high and pretending it is okay, I will admit is difficult. I wont lie, not when you know that the most selfless and inspiring women is sitting in her hospital bed wishing she was out doing the ordinary things which we all take for granted.

Everyday she will be in my prays, each day she will be respected and remembered as the most inspiring women I have ever come across in my life. She is a fighter however, and will be here when I hit New York, when I stand on that stage and collect my graduation certificate.

Claire Louise xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Novella. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig